Rome is a city like no other! Full of history, culture, ruins, beauty, and of course delicious Italian food. Visit Rome!
According to legend, Rome was founded by the twins Romulus and Remus in 753 BCE. The city is located on the banks of the river Tiber and was founded on top of seven hills: Palatine Hill, Aventine Hill, Capitoline Hill, Caelian Hill, Esquiline Hill, Quirinal Hill and Viminal Hill. Particularly the area around Palatine Hill and Capitoline Hill would later become the centre of power of the enormous Roman Empire. Nowadays, Italy’s capital is one of the most visited cities in the world!
If you have not booked your ticket yet, now it’s the perfect time to visit Rome! The Italian capital has so much to offer that it is impossible to miss this chance! To enjoy it as much as possible, we want to present you a short list of the best things to do in Rome:
– First of all, you have to explore the majestic Colosseum, the iconic symbol of the city;
– Go back in the Antiquity at the famous Pantheon, the “Temple of all Gods”;
– Explore the Vatican City and of course, the famous Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo;
– Admire the view from Ponte Sant’Angelo and the magnificent castle with the same name;
– Stroll at the Villa Borghese Gardens (tip: you can join an amazing golf-cart tour);
– Relax at the Spanish Steps and admire the beautiful Barcaccia fountain;
– Enjoy the breathtaking view at Altare della Patria;
– Go back in time exploring the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum;
– Make a wish at one of the most famous fountains in the world, Trevi Fountain;
Rome attracts visitors from all over the world who are impatient to discover the city’s impressive monuments and archaeological sites, so it can be a bit difficult to explore the city on your own. We recommend you to choose a guided tour to visit the city with a professional travel guide, so you can discover all that Rome has to offer.
So, with incredible works of art, a leisurely pace of life and world-renowned cuisine, the Eternal City is worth a visit at least once, though it would take a lifetime to see all it has to offer. If you plan your visit right, you can have the time of your life in Rome!